Friday, July 4, 2008

Podcast

In order to gain control of more of your precious time, I have created the first of what I hope to be periodic podcasts describing my motorcycle experiences. You can listen by clicking on the podcast link on the left in the Links section.

Creating a podcast was spurred on by my participation in a conference in Washington the week of July 7th intended to introduce the technology we call Web 2.0 to College and University Food Service management. I figured that if I were playing an expert I better have at least published a blog and podcast! I beat the presentation by days!

Anyone who is interested in publishing a podcast should take a look at gcast.com and it's sister music site, garageband.com. Do not do this if you have important things to do, as it will take a long time to listen to a lot of music. I recorded my voice with an Olympus voice recorder in my garage, used Audacity to mix and edit content and gcast.com tools to publish this podcast.

Want to hear the music in its entirety? There are some vocals about 4 minutes into it. I used only the first 1 or 2 minutes and looped and edited it.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: